INDEPENDENT SOLO LIFT ARTISTS
As an Independent Solo Lift Artist you are not associated with Silhouette pertaining to the Standards an Affiliate Lift Artist complies to or the Incentives an Affiliate receives. An Independent is completely self reliant in training, performances, practices, competitions, costumes, choreography, and so forth. Any use of the Silhouette name in connection with an Independent Lift is strictly prohibited.
So as to make an informed decision if this type of Lift Program is right for you, the following is a list of responsibilities you would be in charge of in order to make your routine a success:
1) Pick a partner. You may choose whomever you would like that is also willing to be independent.
2) Find your own venue in which to practice in. If you choose to rent The Dance Factory, you are subject to their charge of $25 per hour.
3) Find coaches. If you choose to utilize any that are employed through Silhouette, you are subject to their non-Silhouette rates. A Private Lesson with a Silhouette Coach may be done at the Dance Factory but is subject to a $16 per hour facilities fee.
4) Find venues in which to perform. No Silhouette performances will be available for your use.
5) Competitions: Register and understand all rules for competitions. You are responsible for all travel, housing and other expenses. You will not travel and/or be housed with the Silhouette Team.
6) Silhouette Professional Training Private Lessons will only be available to you if there is an open slot that Silhouette can not fill. If that applies, a $20 building fee will be charged in addition to the cost of the Professional. If you would like to work with these trainers individually, you are free to do so at your own arranged location and time.
7) Find own designer/seamstress/store for costumes.
Independent Lift Artists need to fill out the "Intent for Lift" Form.