AFFILIATE LIFT PROGRAM
As an Affiliate Lift Artist, you choose to be a part of Silhouette in all forms. This means that every part of your cabaret is in compliance with the Silhouette Mission as well as the Silhouette Policies. The following 4 standards must be absolutely adhered to in order to maintain Affiliate Status:
1) Initial Training must be overseen by a Silhouette Coach. Lift portions of the routine can not be practiced without a coach present until approval has been given by Silhouette. Partnerships need to be approved by Silhouette. Soloists are required to work with a coach during 3 workshops before working independently.
2) No relationship beyond friendship with your partner is allowed. As you work in close proximity, it is vital that the appropriate walls are in place.
3) All moves, lifts and steps must be wholesome and non sensual. Romantic themed cabarets are prohibited.
4) Costumes will be strictly in line with the Silhouette Dress Code. For lift:
Men must have shirts open no lower than the sternum with no sheer shirt fabric on the bodice with at least as much sleeve as the Kuvera costumes.
Ladies must have knee length dance trunks in addition to capped sleeves and no cleavage. Bodice front and back must be of solid material and be no lower than 6 inches below the nape of the neck in the back.
5) When practicing independently, solo artists must have a spotter and a parent with them at all times.
6) Upon completion of your choreography and costume selection and prior to the first performance, the cabaret couple will perform the routine in full costume for the coaches to get final approval to perform with Silhouette.
If couple has questions prior to this tryout concerning any of the guidelines, they are encouraged to contact Tricia directly.
When in compliance with the Standards, the Solo Affiliate Artists will receive the following Incentives or "perks":
1) Free access to perform at any Silhouette Event once approved by your Choreography/costume tryout.
2) Silhouette will completely subsidize your solo cabaret practice at the studio. Contact Tricia for details.
3) Guaranteed Price caps on all Affiliated Silhouette Coaches for private lessons ($35-$20).
4) Professional Training Private Slots plus no additional building fee for that lesson.
5) Silhouette will register you for all competitions, turn in your music, and make sure you are in compliance with competition rules.
6) Silhouette will provide you with practice floor time at Gem State in accordance to the availability given by Classic Competitions.
7) Discounted access ($20 fee, $15 refundable upon return of costume in excellent condition) to Silhouette Costumes for use in your routine. Any alteration of Silhouette costuming must be pre-approved.
8) 1 Free consultation with the costume designer discussing what styles of outfits work with your choreography and music as well as your body shape. Best and worst fabrics and design will be discussed.
9) Quarterly solo couple meetings with Tricia for goal setting, strengths, what to work on as a couple etc. This also ensures emotional and physical well-being of each individual as well as the couple as a whole.